Today was my plat. WONDERFUL chat with Barry and very pleased with my official photo. BUT. I have somehow lost the sd card that all my candid shots were on....there was some confusion after all the photos were taken and I was given the card as I walked back to the VIP room. I THINK I put it in my plat bag. During the show, I pulled my 3d glasses from out of the plat bag and I think must've pulled out the sd card also. I was sitting in block a2, row a, seat 30. Has anyone sitting nearby found an sd card by any chance? If so, could they contact me please? Needless to say, I'm heartbroken....

Views: 554

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Geraldine,

Hopefully I can help to heal your heart?  I have your sd card.   I found 2 Sandisks in my bag.  I have just checked both and have your photos on one.   Let me know what you want me to do with them.  If you let me have your address, I will post on to you.

I was Mary sitting next to you.  I hope this helps you to feel better.

Regards, Mary. 

MARY!!!!!   YOU ARE A SAINT....I never thought I would see that card again.....was your little silver plat bag on the table we shared?   I think I can remember putting the card into what I thought was MY plat bag and I remember thinking that I hoped the dregs IN my champagne glass didn't ruin the electronic contacts on the card...but I obviously put it into YOUR bag instead!!!!   Or did I pick up your plat bag by mistake??  It obviously had the same (lack of!) goodies in it, so.....ah, but then I would've been the one with 2 SD cards!!!   Tbh, I didn't know what the hell I was doing afterwards - high on the euphoria of having a GREAT chat with Barry, I certainly can't remember with any certainty what happened next!!  I know I gave you my glowstick and when I couldn't find the card afterwards, I assumed that I had pulled the card out along with the glowstick, so I've contacted the O2, someone who knows Marc asked him if he could help - sadly no, we WERE told it was the only copy!! - and I've put a plea up on some of the F/b boards, but obviously not the ones that YOU'RE on!!!    So thank god you looked on THIS message board and thank god for small mercies that you've got the card!!   I('m sitting here with tears streaming down my face...I'd resigned myself to having no candids and I'm SO HAPPY that I have now....thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU!!!   Although you could send me the photos by email, I'd quite like the actual card in it's entirety if that's OK, so could you send it to:

GERALDINE BEVERIDGE

49 ADKIN WAY

WANTAGE

OXFORDSHIRE   OX12 9HN

Thanks again, Mary - it was lovely to meet you on Friday!!   And even lovelier to hear from you today, of course!!!!   Funnily enough, I saw you in your front row seat on Sat night as my friend was sitting a couple of rows behind you and I was gonna come over and have a few words with you in the interval - but I got waylaid - wish I'd talked to you that day as it would've saved a couple of days of anguish......please send the card as soon as you can, won't you??   Can't wait to get it!!

Love, Geraldine

Geraldine Beveridge said:

MARY!!!!!   YOU ARE A SAINT....I never thought I would see that card again.....was your little silver plat bag on the table we shared?   I think I can remember putting the card into what I thought was MY plat bag and I remember thinking that I hoped the dregs IN my champagne glass didn't ruin the electronic contacts on the card...but I obviously put it into YOUR bag instead!!!!   Or did I pick up your plat bag by mistake??  It obviously had the same (lack of!) goodies in it, so.....ah, but then I would've been the one with 2 SD cards!!!   Tbh, I didn't know what the hell I was doing afterwards - high on the euphoria of having a GREAT chat with Barry, I certainly can't remember with any certainty what happened next!!  I know I gave you my glowstick and when I couldn't find the card afterwards, I assumed that I had pulled the card out along with the glowstick, so I've contacted the O2, someone who knows Marc asked him if he could help - sadly no, we WERE told it was the only copy!! - and I've put a plea up on some of the F/b boards, but obviously not the ones that YOU'RE on!!!    So thank god you looked on THIS message board and thank god for small mercies that you've got the card!!   I('m sitting here with tears streaming down my face...I'd resigned myself to having no candids and I'm SO HAPPY that I have now....thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU!!!   Although you could send me the photos by email, I'd quite like the actual card in it's entirety if that's OK, so could you send it to:

GERALDINE BEVERIDGE

49 ADKIN WAY

WANTAGE

OXFORDSHIRE   OX12 9HN

Thanks again, Mary - it was lovely to meet you on Friday!!   And even lovelier to hear from you today, of course!!!!   Funnily enough, I saw you in your front row seat on Sat night as my friend was sitting a couple of rows behind you and I was gonna come over and have a few words with you in the interval - but I got waylaid - wish I'd talked to you that day as it would've saved a couple of days of anguish......please send the card as soon as you can, won't you??   Can't wait to get it!!

Love, Geraldine

mary masters said:

Hello Geraldine,

I can imagine how you felt to think you had lost the precious photos of you and Barry!

It was lovely to meet you too on Friday?  WAsn't it so wonderful meeting Barry.  Yes, I also  in a different zone so didn't quite take it all in at the time.  I'm so please I found your card and can help you out.  I will do my best to send the card tomorrow but I am working so may not be able to do it until Thursday, but I can understand how much you want to look at them, so I promise to put in the post as soon as possible.  Do you want me to send them registered or signed for to make sure they're safe........although I guess, if the card got lost, there would be no amount of compensation that would make up for the loss?

let me know though and I will be happy to send your card as securely as possible.  I will try and send a message to let you know I've sent it.

love Mary

GERALDINE BEVERIDGE

49 ADKIN WAY

WANTAGE

OXFORDSHIRE   OX12 9HN

Love, Geraldine

Hi again, Mary.....hmm, let's see.   I guess the quickest way for you to send me the photos is by email, I don't know how you feel about that?   Bit of a hassle for you, really.....but then you could send me the actual card at your leisure and not bother to insure it, I guess?   As you say, no amount of compensation would make up for losing those photos....especially now, when I've found them again!!!!    My email address is:   geraldinebeveridge@virginmedia.com      Otherwise, please send the SD card by a signed for and/or compensation method....if you email me your email addy, I'll let you know that it's arrived OK....fingers firmly crossed!!   I'm so excited!!   Thanks again, Mary!!!   Let me know how much the postage is and I'll pay you back....

Love, Geraldine

Hello Geraldine,

I'm not sure if I know how to send them by email, but I'll have a go - at least then you know you have the photos.  Don't worry about postage - it'll be a gift from me.

Love Mary.

Hi again, Mary.....hmm, let's see.   I guess the quickest way for you to send me the photos is by email, I don't know how you feel about that?   Bit of a hassle for you, really.....but then you could send me the actual card at your leisure and not bother to insure it, I guess?   As you say, no amount of compensation would make up for losing those photos....especially now, when I've found them again!!!!    My email address is:   geraldinebeveridge@virginmedia.com      Otherwise, please send the SD card by a signed for and/or compensation method....if you email me your email addy, I'll let you know that it's arrived OK....fingers firmly crossed!!   I'm so excited!!   Thanks again, Mary!!!   Let me know how much the postage is and I'll pay you back....

Love, Geraldine

Mary....if you're at all worried about how to email the photos to me, don't bother....I'd rather wait a few days than have you accidentally delete the pics!!!   Not dissing you in any way - but if you're not sure, best thing is not to do it in the first place, as accidents DO happen, unfortunately....like me putting the card in the wrong bag!!!    I shall be keeping an eagle eye out for the postman from now on!!   LOL...

Love, Geraldine xx

Mary....if you're at all worried about how to email the photos to me, don't bother....I'd rather wait a few days than have you accidentally delete the pics!!!   Not dissing you in any way - but if you're not sure, best thing is not to do it in the first place, as accidents DO happen, unfortunately....like me putting the card in the wrong bag!!!    I shall be keeping an eagle eye out for the postman from now on!!   LOL...

Love, Geraldine xx

Hi Geraldine,

I've posted your scandisc today 1st Class and 'signed for' delivery so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow for you and you can look at your photos and enjoy the memories .    I'm sorry I didn't have time yesterday, things have been a bit hectic and couldn't get to the post office.   I'm just realising, it was about this time last Friday that we were in the VIP room preparing to meet Barry.  Wish it were repeated today??

Love,

Mary

XX

Oh yeah...me too!!   I'm DEFINITELY doing it again next time!!   Thanks for letting me know that you've posted my SD card, I was beginning to worry, actually...!!   You said you might be able to post it Wednesday but if not it would be definitely Thursday....so when nothing arrived today, I started to panic a little!!!   Don't worry about the delay, I know only too well that there must be other, more pressing, demands on your time other than trying to placate a stupid woman who lost precious memories by putting something in the wrong plat bag!!!!!   Looking forward to receiving my SD card tomorrow....thanks!!!

mary masters said:

Love, Geraldine xx

Hi Geraldine,

I've posted your scandisc today 1st Class and 'signed for' delivery so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow for you and you can look at your photos and enjoy the memories .    I'm sorry I didn't have time yesterday, things have been a bit hectic and couldn't get to the post office.   I'm just realising, it was about this time last Friday that we were in the VIP room preparing to meet Barry.  Wish it were repeated today??

Love,

Mary

XX

Hi again, Mary.....I received my SD card safe and sound on Saturday morning, thank yoiu so much!!    Not delighted with the photos as they make me look like a fat, retarded, aggressive old cow - and some of the delightful moments in our chat WEREN'T recorded for posterity, so quite disappointed in a way....although glad to have them, of course!   How I look in the photos couldn't be helped (apart from the fat part!) as I had a brain tumour in 1986 and it's removal destroyed the nerve controlling the right side of my face and left it paralysed.  I've had LOTS of reconstructive surgery but it hasn't helped much, really.    So I had a disadvantage to start with - and having the photos taken from the right side just made it worse!!!   Oh well....   So thank you again - sorry to put all this on a public message board but you didn't give me your address and/or email addy, so.....!!     So....hope there IS a "next time" for Barry in the UK and hope to see you again then!!

Take care,

Love, Geraldine xx

Z

Hi again, Mary.....I received my SD card safe and sound on Saturday morning, thank yoiu so much!!    Not delighted with the photos as they make me look like a fat, retarded, aggressive old cow - and some of the delightful moments in our chat WEREN'T recorded for posterity, so quite disappointed in a way....although glad to have them, of course!   How I look in the photos couldn't be helped (apart from the fat part!) as I had a brain tumour in 1986 and it's removal destroyed the nerve controlling the right side of my face and left it paralysed.  I've had LOTS of reconstructive surgery but it hasn't helped much, really.    So I had a disadvantage to start with - and having the photos taken from the right side just made it worse!!!   Oh well....   So thank you again - sorry to put all this on a public message board but you didn't give me your address and/or email addy, so.....!!     So....hope there IS a "next time" for Barry in the UK and hope to see you again then!!

Take care,

Love, Geraldine xx

Hi Geraldine,

i didn't send my email address because I don't know how to do it without making it available to everybody!!. If you know how to do this, I'll send it to you.   I'm so sorry to hear what a tough time you have had over the last 30 years.  You must have been very young when you had your brain tumour?  

I'm glad to her you received the SD card, but sorry that you felt quite disappointed with your photos.  From when looking through your photos, I thought you looked lovely and also very engaged with Barry and him with you and that your warm personality shone through.

My photos looked as if I was talking AT him???  ...Nevermind it was a lovely experience.   As you say, hope there is a next time...and soon.  Maybe see you then?

Love Mary xx

mary masters said:

Z

Take care,

Love, Geraldine xx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

The Official UK Barry Manilow Message Board

Forum

ManilowTV - November 2018

Started by ManilowUK Nov 2.

Barry Attends The Premiere of A Star Is Born 5 Replies

Started by ManilowUK. Last reply by Millie Oct 27.

PHOTOGRAPHS FROM LAS VEGAS OCTOBER 2018 6 Replies

Started by Mary Chambers. Last reply by Mary Chambers Oct 26.

uk concert programmes 2018 3 Replies

Started by Millie. Last reply by Millie Oct 22.

2019 Manilow Calendar

Manilow UK Message Board Guidelines

• No Spam / Advertising:
Advertising of any commercial product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited.
• Flaming:
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Use common sense while posting.
• Offensive Content:
Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures.
• Illegal Content:
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain or provide software or music is forbidden.
• Complaints received by other registered members of the forum in respect of any deemed inappropriate postings will be taken very seriously and will be handled at the moderation teams discretion. This can result in the reported posting being removed from the site and in some cases the member being banned.
• The above list is not exhaustive and all of the above rules are at the moderation team's discretion.

© 2018   Created by ManilowUK.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service